Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trip to Ben Thanh Market

Wednesday we went to Ben Thanh Market, which is the biggest one in HCMC. It's pretty touristy, but, hey, we ARE tourists, so it worked for us! The advantage is that most people who work there can speak some English so it makes it easier to navigate the place.

Yummy vegetarian meal at the market. We sat on benches outside the food stall and were waited on attentively. This is what we ate:
If any one knows what we ate, please let us know because it was delicious! Audrey was so impressed with herself for eating strange unknown food that we had to ensure the moment was captured forever:
More pictures of us eating!
Me haggling at the market. My skills from China came back to me instantly.
No, I'm not drunk in this picture. Luke was so cute in his hat and inadvertently matching outfit, I had to post this one despite the less-than-flattering picture of me.
Luke, admiring his big sister, who insists on wearing the same outfit over and over!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We have been reading every day, but it is hard to get any typing in between Makenzie scrolling to find pictures of Norah and Avery trying to "type". We are so excited that things seem to be going so well. Norah seems to be taking things in stride and Luke seems very agreeable. The perfect second child!! Keep posting and enjoying your new addition. We love you guys! The Cober Clan

Barry and Jennifer Rodman said...

Nooo, I can't help you out with that meal. Of course I would be hard pressed to identify half of what appeared on the table during our meal courtesy of Guiping either.

Congratulations to you guys - Luke is exceptionally cute, and I think that little girls take to younger sibs far mre graciously than little boys. I hope so for your sake anyway.

And let's check on that whole sleeping thing in about 2 months ok???

Anonymous said...

Is that chicken on your plate??? That's what it looks like to me. :)The green stuff is Kang Kong.

Sue T said...

Hi Doug, Lisa & Norah

We are really enjoying following your trip. Lia is quite impressed with the fact that Norah now has a baby brother. I told her not to get any ideas.... Enjoy the rest of your time soaking up the sights, sounds and smells of Vietnam to share with Luke later. And enjoy the warmth - we're still shivering here.

Sue, Nikki & Lia

Unknown said...

I am Audrey's friend, also adopted but within Canada, I find your story just amazing and wonderful. I enjoy reading it, for the global adventure, for the thrill of the travel and for the incredible glee of gaining new family members. I am there if you go for a third - just ask.
Seriously, this gives me great vicarious joy to read the your blog.