Friday, March 10, 2006

A sight you won't find in a tour book...


This is the first public toilet I saw, so I had to take a picture of it. It was on the grounds of the Temple of Heaven. Deciding it was not to my liking, I decided to wait for something better, while Joanne was not so picky. Later, she was a little jealous when I found one stall that was more typical of what we would see at home. She was vindicated, however, when my "initiation" into the real Chinese public toilet system came later at the acrobatics show. Let's just say that I've seen things no one should ever have to see! Turns out the toilet in the Temple of Heaven is quite pristine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny that was my reaction the first time I saw the loo as well. Just a tip...the last stall is generally a north american toilet. (I guess someone forgot to mention this to you!!!)
Enjoy
Maureen